Emergency accommodation at O’Hanlon House
“I’ve got the best advice, help and medication to solve my problems”
O’Hanlon House resident
Are you aged 25 and over? Do you need emergency overnight accommodation? Do you want to tackle the issues that have led to your becoming homeless? We can help.
- Most direct access Emergency Accommodation rooms are single with en-suite facilities. Rooms for couples are available. Pets can be accommodated, subject to acceptable behaviour. A hot evening meal and breakfast are included in the nightly fee of £3.50.
- We will work with you to develop your own support plan, helping you to identify and tackle the issues that have led to you being homeless.
- Our Day Services and Training, Education & Activities programmes will help motivate and inspire you to learn new skills, get fit and change your life.
- Our separate, referral-only Resettlement Floor provides a range of dedicated support to help you move on to appropriate accommodation.
New arrivals will meet the Oxford Reconnection Worker to discuss what services are available to you in Oxford.
There is a fee of £3.50 per person per night, which covers items not paid for by grant funding or housing benefit (e.g. food, cleaning, heating, lighting).
You need to book on a daily basis between 2pm and 3.30pm. New arrivals can put their name down during this period and any spare beds will be allocated at 4pm. Priority is given according to vulnerability.
- Access to medical services through Luther Street Medical Centre
- Needle exchange and substance misuse harm reduction advice
- Mental health in-reach
- Training, education and activities programmes
- Links with local sporting, leisure and cultural activities
- Laundry facilities
- Separate areas for the consumption of alcohol
- Partnership working with a variety of supporting organisations